Re: N32 sigset and __COMPAT_ENDIAN_SWAP__

Subject: Re: N32 sigset and __COMPAT_ENDIAN_SWAP__
From: Kumba <>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 21:15:56 -0400
Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <>
Joseph S. Myers wrote:

I might conclude that barely anybody is *yet* using NPTL on 64-bit MIPS at all, for either endianness, given that most of the problems I've been finding, in glibc as well as the kernel, don't seem endian-specific and would probably show up in a glibc testsuite run for either endianness. MIPS64 NPTL is very new and seems to do a good job of showing up bugs in the three syscall interfaces.

I'm actually going to start running some automated builds of a nptl/o32 and nptl/n32 userland over the next few days. If you have any patches that need testing to correct known oddities, I can give them a run in these builds.

Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond