Re: N32 sigset and __COMPAT_ENDIAN_SWAP__

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: N32 sigset and __COMPAT_ENDIAN_SWAP__
From: "Joseph S. Myers" <>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 17:12:38 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Interesting that a bug of this sort manages to survive for that long.
> I guess it is proof that barely anybody is using 64-bit little endian,
> yet we're cursed to support it.

I might conclude that barely anybody is *yet* using NPTL on 64-bit MIPS at
all, for either endianness, given that most of the problems I've been
finding, in glibc as well as the kernel, don't seem endian-specific and
would probably show up in a glibc testsuite run for either endianness.
MIPS64 NPTL is very new and seems to do a good job of showing up bugs in
the three syscall interfaces.

Joseph S. Myers