Re: N32 sigset and __COMPAT_ENDIAN_SWAP__

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: N32 sigset and __COMPAT_ENDIAN_SWAP__
From: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:03:10 -0400
Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 05:51:36PM +0100, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 01:36:29AM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>
> Interesting that a bug of this sort manages to survive for that long.
> I guess it is proof that barely anybody is using 64-bit little endian,
> yet we're cursed to support it.

I expect more people will be using it someday...

Anyway, I was curious if you knew where this code had come from.  I
didn't see anything to suggest that anyone besides mipsel ever
used it, but it entered linux-mips.org via a merge from kernel.org,
just before git history.

Oh, right, there's a historical import:

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/old-2.6-bkcvs.git;a=commitdiff;h=32ed691a4efbc1c43584b7b7a6d782528241bb27

It was copied from sys32_rt_sigtimedwait, which was wrong at least back
to the initial revision of signal32.c.  I didn't go back any further.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery