Re: where I can find a crosscompiler for BCM1255

To: richard <yczhao@hhcn.com>
Subject: Re: where I can find a crosscompiler for BCM1255
From: James E Wilson <wilson@specifix.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:01:24 -0700
Cc: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 00:16, richard wrote:
> I download crosscompilers(sb1-elf-,mips-linux-) from broadcom website, but
> error occurs when compiling

We can't help you unless you specify exactly what the error was, and
exactly what command you typed that generated the error.  If this was a
kernel compilation problem, you may need to specify the kernel
configuration used.

By the way, there is a default kernel config that you should start with,
and then modify as necessary.  It is in arch/mips/configs in the
sb1250-swarm_defconfigs file.

> Do the compilers work for linux compiling?

The sb1-elf toolchain will not work for compiling linux.  The mips-linux
toolchain will work for compiling linux.  However, because of
interdependencies between the linux kernel and gcc, certain gcc versions
may be required for compiling certain linux kernel versions.

>  or I should download other versions of compiler for the kernel? And where?

There is some useful info in the wiki about this.
    http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Toolchains
You can always start with FSF releases if you are willing to build the
toolchains yourself.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com