replacing synthesized tlb handlers with older ones

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: replacing synthesized tlb handlers with older ones
From: "Prasad Boddupalli" <bprasad@cs.arizona.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:39:52 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

To embed some additional functionality in the tlb refill handler, I
replaced the synthesized refill handlers in 2.6.16 linux with those
from 2.6.6 (for example tlb-r4k.S under arch/mips/mm-32). Everything
seem ok when I bring up one CPU, but causes unrecoverable exceptions
in the kernel when I bring up multiple CPUs. I explored if that could
be because of unflushed icaches on other CPUs. but that doesn't seem
to be the case.

Have anyone run into similar problem ?

thank you,
Prasad.