Re: compiling BCM5700 driver

To: Roman Mashak <mrv@corecom.co.kr>
Subject: Re: compiling BCM5700 driver
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 12:19:00 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 10:54:31AM +0900, Roman Mashak wrote:

> I'm more concerned with Titan GE driver on "Sequoia" board (by PMC-sierra).
> What's the status of this driver in 2.4.26? If I understand correct - it's
> maintained now only in 2.6.x? Upon compilation of 2.4.26 for Sequoia" board
> and installation on to target, we observed a lot of CRC errors on gigabit
> ethernet (we used SmartBit for testing). Is the driver in this version
> broken?

Likely.  There is a new Titan driver written from scratch which permitting
time hope to integrate soon but nothing like that will happen for 2.4.
2.4 has a shrinking userbase and all focus is on 2.6, and hardly a
distribution or platform still needs 2.4 so there is very little happening
wrt. to Linux 2.4 these days.