Re: how to disable interrupt in application?

To: "Bin Chen" <binary.chen@gmail.com>, "zhuzhenhua" <zzh.hust@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: how to disable interrupt in application?
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <KevinK@mips.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 08:58:16 +0200
Cc: "linux-mips" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
sigprocmask manages signals, which are user-mode abstractions
of exceptions.  It does not affect hardware interrupt behavior.
If by "uninterruptable", ZhuZhenHua means that the decoder
process will not get switched out in favor of another user-mode
process, then getpriority()/setpriority() provide some control
that may be sufficient.  If what is desired is that hardware interrupts
are actually masked during some critical sequence, the critical
sequence must be executed with kenel privilege - you need to
look at putting the critical sequence into a driver or other loadable
kernel module that can be invoked by the application code.

            Regards,

            Kevin K.