SGI O2+ RM7000 set_uncached_handler error during kernel built

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: SGI O2+ RM7000 set_uncached_handler error during kernel built
From: Tom Weustink <freshy98@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 04:26:17 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

I finally got a round building a toolchain for creating kernels for my SGI O2+ RM7000 machine.

I did a ip32_defconfig and used menuconfig to edit some small options.
One was to set it too RM7000 obviously.

When I build it, I get the following error:

 CC      arch/mips/kernel/traps.o
arch/mips/kernel/traps.c: In function `set_uncached_handler':
arch/mips/kernel/traps.c:1360: error: `TO_PHYS_MASK' undeclared (first use in this function)

When I build it for R5000 (only that changed in menuconfig) the compile runs without a problem.

Checking arch/mips/kernel/traps.c:1360 shows that installs the uncached CPU exception handler to UNCAC. Now I know the RM7000 is kinda weird, but shouldn't it just work on it since it does work on R5000 since it's MIPS64?

I also heard from `Kumba that the kernel won't boot at all due to a bug in IP32 so that it hangs extremely early, but having it to just built would be nice for me atm.

Regards,

Tom

PS: if I need to supply any additional information, let me know!