USB sleep & mount

Subject: USB sleep & mount
From: Rodolfo Giometti <>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:24:18 +0200

I'm working on sleep for USB host on au1x00 CPUs and I have the
following problem.

When I put the system to sleep and then it wakes up everything works
well _if_ the USB key is not mounted before the sleep. For instance,
if I mount partition "/dev/sda1" (first USB key partition) and then go
to sleep, at wake up the system forgets device "/dev/sda" and
registers a new device "/dev/sdb" so, obviously, the filesystem
previously mounted is not accessible anymore.

My question is: is that correct since the userland, before going to
sleep, should umount all external filesystems or it's a bug? :)

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:
Linux Device Driver
Embedded Systems
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127