Re: Soundcard problems on Cobalt Qube 2

To: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject: Re: Soundcard problems on Cobalt Qube 2
From: rincewind@discworld.dascon.de (Michael Schwingen)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 22:32:08 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 12:27:28AM +0900, Atsushi Nemoto wrote:

> I know one problem in ALSA on mips, but not sure it is relevant to
> your crash.
>
> http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2006-01/msg00327.html
>
> And here is an updated (still ugly) patch against current git.

Wow!

Ugly maybe, but it fixes the crashes - YMF744 works fine now (the card sound
a bit distorted, but that may well be the hardware - that's why I wanted the
ICE1712 card). I have not tried the ESS card, because that got non-crashing
lockups before.

ICE1712 does not crash, but reports underruns and the aplay process hangs -
I will see if I can track this down a bit more.

cu
Michael
--
Some people have no repect of age unless it is bottled.