Need help burning flash using osprey vr41xx

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Need help burning flash using osprey vr41xx
From: "Yashwant Shitoot" <yshitoot@stellartec.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:32:52 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hello,

I do have a working system with vrboot, vmlinux and romdisk. Now I would like to use about 10 bytes in the unused portion of flash (at addr 0xbfc01fc0) and put in a serial number. I have tried bin2rom serialNum.inf 0xbfc01fc0 0xbfc01fff (and some variations) however ethload hangs up at “sending jump addr”.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Yash