Re: Instruction error with cache opcode

To: "John Miller" <jamiller1110@cox.net>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Instruction error with cache opcode
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 21:42:46 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> > Where and how is the value of Index_Store_Tag_I  defined?
>
> I included asm/cacheops.h from the kernel tree, it is defined there as :
>
> #define Index_Store_Tag_I 0x08
>
> I also tried to substitute 0x08 directly into my source and I got the
> same error.  Strangely enough, if I remove the include line, I get the
> same exact error.

Have you got your sources properly installes so that include/asm is
a symlink to include/asm-mips?  I've done the experiment at my end,
and it builds just fine so long as regdef.h and cacheops.h are really
on the include path of the compilation.  If they're not, I get:

[kevink@cthulhu tmp]$ mipsel-linux-gcc -I ~/smtchead/include -c cacheop.S
cacheop.S: Assembler messages:
cacheop.S:4: Error: Instruction cache requires absolute expression
cacheop.S:4: Error: Instruction cache requires absolute expression
cacheop.S:4: Error: illegal operands `cache'

            Regards,

            Kevin K.