Re: pmag* drivers don't build on 2.6

To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Subject: Re: pmag* drivers don't build on 2.6
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:21:20 +0100 (BST)
Cc: karsten@excalibur.cologne.de, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, 10 May 2006, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> The pmag* fb drivers (DECstation) don't build on 2.6.  Can someone
> port them to the 2.6 api (and possibly merge both files into one)?

 The pmag-ba-fb and pmagb-b-fb drivers have been ported.  If there is any
problem with them, then I'd like to know about that.

 The pmag-aa-fb driver has not been ported.  I may have a look at it, but
I have no hardware to test any changes with.

 I don't see any point in merging any set of these drivers together --
they support cards of completely different architecture each.  OTOH,
merging the pmagb-b-fb driver with tgafb may make sense one day.

  Maciej