Re: Porting Au1x000 USB host controller on u-boot

To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)
Subject: Re: Porting Au1x000 USB host controller on u-boot
From: Sergei Shtylyov <>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 21:16:19 +0400
Cc: Rodolfo Giometti <>, Linux-MIPS <>
Hello, I wrote:

I'm trying to implement support for USB host into u-boot. I
initialized the USB controller just as linux does, the EDs and the TDs
look like good in memory but the controller seems not well reading
them and on the bus I see random USB messages...

I think that there could be some problem on memory coherency... some

try to disable USB controller's DMA coherency in the USB enable register (there's a related errata in all Au1xx0 family) -- the Linux driver doesn't do this though, and this shouldn't matter unless you're modifying USB buffers on the fly. :-)

AND make sure every buffer/TD/ED is written back / invalidated from cache before the OHCI accesses them since the cache coherency on Au1xx0 is b0rken!

WBR, Sergei