changing IP address on mipsel-linux

To: <>
Subject: changing IP address on mipsel-linux
From: "Ratin" <>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:22:21 -0700
I am not sure if this is the right mailing list (new here) but how would you change the IP address parmanently on a box having IDT C32H434 CPU ? There seems to be no /etc/init.d/network on this box. I could do it with ifconfig but I need to make parmanent change as well as effective right away.

The other question is when I change the IP address on the fly with ifconfig, is there a way to make the inet listener apps (that are running in the background) to autometically listen on the new IP address?