Re: Au1200 MMC/SD problem

To: Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse@amd.com>
Subject: Re: Au1200 MMC/SD problem
From: Wolfgang Ocker <weo@reccoware.de>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 20:02:06 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 08:43 -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> On 02/05/06 07:46 +0200, Wolfgang Ocker wrote:
> > [ timeout during cmd 9 ]

> Ok - so the reasons for cmd->error to be MMC_ERR_TIMEOUT are:
>   * invalid return from dma_map_sg in au1xmmc_prepare_data
>   * general error from the DBDMA engine
>   * one of SD_STATUS_RAT sent when the IRQ fires

The last one. In au1xmmc_irq() the status register is read with the
SD_STATUS_RAT bit set.

> So to narrow it down - check the return value of au1xmmc_prepare_data
> in au1xmmc_request.  Then, see if RAT is ever set in au1xmmc_irq.   This
> will help narrow down the problem.

au1xmmc_prepare_data doesn't return any error.

> Also, the usual general questions:
> What SD card are you using?  How big is it?  Is it a v1.01 or a v1.1 card?

1. Canon, 16 MB, got this one with a Canon camera.
2. Labeled by Hama, 1 GB, but I don't know the real manufacturer.

I can operate the cards on my Linux-Laptop. Is there a way to determine
the manufacturer and version directly from the card?

Thanks,
Wolfgang