Re: ip27 not working

Subject: Re: ip27 not working
From: Michele Carla` <>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 18:29:04 +0200
On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 08:05 -0700, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
> Plain git will not work. Check out Gentoo patch set
> for kernel - there are few IP27-specific patches that
> are absolutely required.
> Although I have to say that latest git even with relevant patches
> applied gets me to starting init, but not further.

Really tanks !

Have you got networking (integrated or menet) working whit this kernel ?
Are you using an Origin-200 or 2k

Tanks again !

> Michele Carla` wrote:
> > Yesterday I have tried last 2.6 from git on a Origin-2000, I have
> > xcompiled it with gcc-3.4, and booted it via tftpd with:
> > "bootp(): console=ttyS0 root=/dev/sda1", but after downloading the
> > kernel, it doesn't print anything and freeze ! any idea ?
> >
> > if needed I can provide an account on the Origin

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate
Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

                                   Occam's Razor

MiChele Carla` aKa Goldfinger <>