Re: trouble on serial console for au1100

To: Jordan Crouse <>
Subject: Re: trouble on serial console for au1100
From: Rodolfo Giometti <>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:21:47 +0200
Cc: Freddy Spierenburg <>,,
On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:19:23AM -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> CCing the serial list too.  It could use more testing, but this seems
> like it might be the answer to the myriad of serial issues that have
> been reported in the last month or so.
> I'm ashamed to admit I have no idea if this patch is even in the system or
> not.  If not, I'm sure somebody
> can clean it up and send it in the proper style.

the patch against «linux-2.6.16-stable» branch for serial support
tested with an au1100 based board.

my suggestion to get real interrupts from the serial line (I have
redefined the function «is_real_interrupt()» for the au1x00 CPUs into
the platform «serial.h» file).

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:
Linux Device Driver
Embedded Systems
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127