Re: single step on sibyte board

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: single step on sibyte board
From: ashley jones <ashley_jones_2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:25:06 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

hi ralf,
        thanks for your reply,

Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 09:14:04AM -0700, ashley jones wrote:

> I am trying to debug an application running on sibyte (linux 2.6.14) using gdbserver from AMD board. I am able to setup breakpoints and initial break point also gets hit, but when i do single step using "step" it prompts foll. error
> ptrace: Input/Output Error
> and board gets hang. is this supported or am doing some thing wrong ? can you please give some pointers from here ? I am using gdb-6.4 version on host (AMD) and target ( sibyte )

That looks like you may have a problem with the connection to your
target, so gdb can't really talk to the gdb server.

Ralf
But i am able to setup initial connection, and also first breakpoint gets hit. Is it like gdbserver (for mips) doesnt support single step command? or is it like i have not configured gdb properly ? I have downloaded fresh gdb-6.4 src, and ran "configure" scripts on my target (sibyte). Am i missing anything ?

Regards,
A'Jones.