Can you please help me out -- Issue with GDB on mips board ????

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Can you please help me out -- Issue with GDB on mips board ????
From: "V Mehul" <vmehul@razamicroelectronics.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 00:13:03 -0700
Cc: <dan@debian.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

hi,
       i am working on i386 based board and want some information. i am using mips-linux 2.6.6 kernel on target board and linux 2.6.9 on intel board. I am running an application under "gdbserver" on the target mips board, but am not able to do a single step inside the function. Foll. error is displayed
          "ptrace : Input/Output error",

   the  "ptrace.c" file under arch/mips/kernel/ does not have support for PTRACE_SINGLESTEP because of which the above error is occuring. Though i386,alpha,arm etc. architecture has this support, but why mips doesnt have this ?

   I am not a member of this group, so kindly reply me on my personal id.

Regards,
Mehul.