Re: tx49 Ether problems

Subject: Re: tx49 Ether problems
From: Atsushi Nemoto <>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 00:09:18 +0900 (JST)
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:06:23 +0400, Sergei Shtylyov <>
> > I agree with you.  Then how about something like
>     Have you looked at the patch? RTL8019 is easily detectable at
> runtime, so the limitation is easily enforcable w/o extra Kconfig
> option, I think

Well, I meant something like:

#elif defined(CONFIG_NE2000_RTL8019_BYTEMODE)
#  define DCR_VAL 0x48
#  define DCR_VAL 0x49

to avoid changing #elif line every time when we want to support a new
board with byte-mode RTL8019AS.  Of course, calculating DCR_VAL at
runtime would be much better but I'm not sure if we can do it ...

> >  Also, setting 0xbad value to mem_end
> > can skip the Product-ID checking without inflating bad_clone_list.
> > Just a thought...
>     0xbad in dev->mem_end currently skips 8390 reset which is not a
> good thing for the clones for which it does work...

The 8390 reset will not skipped.  The difference is behavior _after_
detection of no reset ack, isn't it?

Atsushi Nemoto