RE: Oprofile on sibyte 2.4.18 kernel

To: "Ralf Baechle" <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: Oprofile on sibyte 2.4.18 kernel
From: "Shanthi Kiran Pendyala \(skiranp\)" <skiranp@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:55:46 -0700
Cc: "linux-mips" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the reply.

#1: I looked at oprofile-0.9.1 and it lists this event for SB1 in the
events/mips/sb1 directory
---
event:10 counters:1,2,3 um:zero minimum:500
name:DCACHE_FILLED_SHD_NONC_EXC :Dcache is filled (shared, nonc,
exclusive)

However this doesn't have an equivalent performance source
Listed in the sibyte manual (table 33 system performance counter
sources).

#2: how does the mapping from event numbers to performance sources work
for sibyte ?

I looked at the op_model_mipsxx.c file in the 2.6 CVS tree and the macro
it uses doesn't seem to match the
format specified for perf_cnt_cfg register in sibyte.

What am I missing ?

Thx
Kiran