Re: sysfs interface for Au1xxx power management

To: "Rodolfo Giometti" <giometti@linux.it>
Subject: Re: sysfs interface for Au1xxx power management
From: "Jordan Crouse" <jordan.crouse@amd.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:16:45 -0600
Cc: "Linux MIPS" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On 06/04/06 00:19 +0200, Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> here a patch to support new sysfs interface for Au1xxx's power
> management. Now we can put the system into sleeping mode by using:
>
>    hostname:~# echo mem > /sys/power/state
>
> The patch keeps also the file "/proc/sys/pm/freq" from the old
> interface.

Generally looks good, thought I just glanced it over and I didn't take
it for a test run.

>  /* Quick acpi hack. This will have to change! */
> -#define      CTL_ACPI 9999
> -#define      ACPI_S1_SLP_TYP 19
> -#define      ACPI_SLEEP 21
> +#define      CTL_ACPI        9999
> +#define      ACPI_S1_SLP_TYP 19
> +#define      ACPI_SLEEP      21

Code review comment - you have lots of minor typo fixes and whitespace
changes.  You should Keep whitespace changes to a minimum, or better yet
put then in a separate  patch.  They detract from the actual meat of your
effort, and makes it tough to code review.

Jordan
--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer