Re: Oops! - Re: Power management for au1000_eth.c

To: "Sergei Shtylyov" <>
Subject: Re: Oops! - Re: Power management for au1000_eth.c
From: "Jordan Crouse" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:10:21 -0600
Cc: "Linux MIPS" <>, "Rodolfo Giometti" <>, "Pete Popov" <>
On 06/04/06 18:43 +0400, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
> >>Solved! :)
> >>Here a patch to implement power management functions for au1000_eth.
>    Actually, the network driver patches should be sent to Jeff Garzik and
> Andrew Morton.

And the description is wrong - this isn't exactly just power management,
there are lots of changes here.  You should separate them out into multiple

> >>Note that this patch needs my previous one who implements new power
> >>management's sysfs interface.

Thats OK, as long as this patch can be applied on its own, without requiring
the previous patch.  It is one thing to write a new PM interface for the
whole system, but the driver suspend and resume functions should never be
system specific.  That makes life easier for future developers.

>    Funny, I've also been cooking a patch to straighten Alchemy Ethernet
> probing code a bit...

I think we can all get along here.  The PM stuff looks decent to me, and
Sergei had some good comments about the rest of the patch.  I don't see
any reason why the two of you can't get together and bang out a few patches
to fix all of our ills.

Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer
AMD - Personal Connectivity Solutions Group