Re: Oops! - Re: Power management for au1000_eth.c

To: "Sergei Shtylyov" <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Subject: Re: Oops! - Re: Power management for au1000_eth.c
From: "Jordan Crouse" <jordan.crouse@amd.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:10:21 -0600
Cc: "Linux MIPS" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>, "Rodolfo Giometti" <giometti@linux.it>, "Pete Popov" <ppopov@embeddedalley.com>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On 06/04/06 18:43 +0400, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

> >>Solved! :)
>
> >>Here a patch to implement power management functions for au1000_eth.
>
>    Actually, the network driver patches should be sent to Jeff Garzik and
> Andrew Morton.

And the description is wrong - this isn't exactly just power management,
there are lots of changes here.  You should separate them out into multiple
patches.

> >>Note that this patch needs my previous one who implements new power
> >>management's sysfs interface.

Thats OK, as long as this patch can be applied on its own, without requiring
the previous patch.  It is one thing to write a new PM interface for the
whole system, but the driver suspend and resume functions should never be
system specific.  That makes life easier for future developers.

>    Funny, I've also been cooking a patch to straighten Alchemy Ethernet
> probing code a bit...

I think we can all get along here.  The PM stuff looks decent to me, and
Sergei had some good comments about the rest of the patch.  I don't see
any reason why the two of you can't get together and bang out a few patches
to fix all of our ills.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse