Re: Freezing & Unfreezing the au11000

To: dan@embeddededge.com
Subject: Re: Freezing & Unfreezing the au11000
From: Rodolfo Giometti <giometti@linux.it>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:36:00 +0200
Cc: Linux MIPS <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 07:31:05PM +0300, Sergei Shtylylov wrote:
> Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
>
> >in order to restore the scratch registers contents as descibed into
> >file "linux/arch/mips/au1000/common/sleeper.S":
>
>    If you're talking about 2.6, the code in that file seems very incorrect
>    in regard to how it deals wiht the stack frame, since it effectively
> trashes regs $1 and $2 reusing their slots for saving CP0 Status and
> Context regs. 2.4 branch has more sane variant.

I'm trying to use code into sleeper.S from kernel 2.4 but I still have
a problem. The system corrctly wake up and linux restart but the
problem is that after about 600-800mS the system hangs! I've just the
time to press 2 or three times the enter key and see the console
prompt.

I've checked also the interrupts from TOY and I noticed that it stop
working!

Has anybody used the sleep mode for Au1xxx processor? Which version of
sleeper.S file has been used?

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo

--