RE: sb1250_hpt_setup fails for BigSur build and sb1250 MAC (re: 1480) qu

To: "Martin Michlmayr" <tbm@cyrius.com>, "Michael J. Hammel" <mips@graphics-muse.org>
Subject: RE: sb1250_hpt_setup fails for BigSur build and sb1250 MAC (re: 1480) queue lockups
From: "Mark E Mason" <mark.e.mason@broadcom.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:12:10 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello all,

> > I was trying the latest 2.6.16 to see if the recent mods related to
> > the sb1250 MAC fixed a problem where the incoming queue (and
> > eventually outbound queue) get blocked.
>
> The fix that was posted for this didn't make 2.6.16.  You
> need to manually apply the patch from
> http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2006-03/msg00087.html

Thanks for answering this one Martin.

Also - we're working on a follow-on patch to the above which both
improves behaviour when the input packet rate greatly exceeds what the
system can handle, and nearly doubles the performance in forwarding of
small packets (measured in packets-per-second).

I'm currently working against 2.6.15 -- which is pretty stable for the
1480, and because it includes the oprofile changes we submitted earlier
for the sb1.

HTH,
Mark Mason
mason@broadcom.com