how to get a process backtrace from kernel gdb?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: how to get a process backtrace from kernel gdb?
From: Srinivas Kommu <kommu@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:02:19 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I'm running gdb on vmlinux connected to a remote target (2.4 kernel). I have the task_struct address of 'current' and other processes. Is it possible to get a symbolic stack trace of the kernel stack? Where is the kernel stack located? I tried to print (task_struct->reg29)[13]. Is this the PC?

thanks
srini

PS. I broke into gdb using a hotkey on the serial console; so the gdb backtrace shows the serial driver.