Re: Building GCC for BCM1480 SiByte

To: dan.mcgee@ntsoc.com
Subject: Re: Building GCC for BCM1480 SiByte
From: James E Wilson <wilson@specifix.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:09:17 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> This compiler works, but there are no floating point
> optimization for the sb1 fpu.

Why do you say this?  Was there something specific that you were
expecting that you didn't see?

I tried this experiment with both gcc-4.0.x and gcc-4.1.x, replacing the
--with-target option with a --target option.  In both cases, I see that
code is being scheduled for an SB-1 cpu.

I verified this by compiling a small testcase with -O2 -dS
-fsched-verbose=2.  This dumps some instruction scheduling info to
stderr.  This output has lines like this:
;;       14--> 23   $f0=$f12*$f0                       :sb1_fp1
which proves that SB-1 scheduling info is being used.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com