* Firstly, it's really great to see this!
* A single 1.6MB patch is far from ideal, please try to break it
into a series of smaller logically separate patches. It's hard to
comment on a giant patch. Perhaps something like:
- a patch for each CPU
- a patch for each driver
- a patch for each platform/eval-board
and see what you have left. Each patch should have a suitable
description. Also put "Signed-off-by:" lines on your patches.
* You shouldn't be removing .gitignore :-)
* The Ethernet drivers should probably go email@example.com and cc
* The code contains unreferenced functions? Without even looking
hard I can see rc32434_mii_handler is declared and not used for
* It might be that some of the CPU-level code should be platform
level. For example having two UARTs is a feature of the EB434 not
the rc32434 so EB434_UART1_IRQ is misplaced I would argue.
* Some init code should probably be declared __init and similar
* There is quite a bit of extraneous white-space that could be
cleaned up and some minor indentation cleanups to match what is
elsewhere in the kernel.
Sorry this is a little vague and 'hand-wavy', if you post smaller
logically complete patches I think you'll get better feedback where
people can comment more easily. Ideally inline to the email if you
can, m$ lookout/$exchange as that just makes a mess, if you have to
use that then attach them as you did.