Re: 1480: ethernet stops working, box okay

To: "Martin Michlmayr" <tbm@cyrius.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: 1480: ethernet stops working, box okay
From: "Tom Rix" <trix@specifix.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 04:05:15 -0600
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I have seen something similar on my 1250. I have a patch that should help. I am cleaning it up and will post it shortly.

Tom

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 00:06:06 -0600, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

I just thought that my 1480 box had crashed, but as it turns out I
could still issue commands on the serial console - however, the
network wasn't working anymore.  There was nothing in dmesg and
bringing the interface down and up again didn't help.  I've seen this
twice now while compiling lots of stuff in parallel.

Has anyone else seen this?