RE: BCM91x80A/B PCI DMA problems

To: Mark E Mason <mark.e.mason@broadcom.com>
Subject: RE: BCM91x80A/B PCI DMA problems
From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:06:23 +0000
Cc: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Maw, 2006-02-28 at 14:15 -0800, Mark E Mason wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this driver known to work with 64-bit kernels (specifically: 64-bit
> DMA addresses)?  It sounds like that might be the problem.

The standard ATA IDE hardware supports only 32bit addressing. However if
your I/O mapping logic is correctly implemented for the architecture
that should cause no problems as the buffers will be bounced.

The SIL680 hardware actually can support 64bit DMA using a private
non-standard PRD format and the data sheet is available if someone wants
to do the work. Probably best to do it for the new libata driver but its
doable for either