Re: bogus packet in ei_receive of 8390.c

Subject: Re: bogus packet in ei_receive of 8390.c
From: Atsushi Nemoto <>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:10:20 +0900 (JST)
zzh> our board is a FPGA board for embedded system, there is no ISA,
zzh> and use memory map IO, is there anything need to configure?

Even if it is not true ISA, your FPGA should drive ISA-like signals
for the chip.  AC timings of these signals should meet the
requirements of the chip.  I do not know they are configurable or not.
Do cross-check the 8019 datasheet and the FPGA specification.

zzh> now i printk the ISR and RSR value when bogus packet accepted,
zzh> are these two registers correct? messages as follow

It seems correct.  So it would be something wrong with get_8390_hdr ...

Atsushi Nemoto