Re: bogus packet in ei_receive of 8390.c

To: "Atsushi Nemoto" <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject: Re: bogus packet in ei_receive of 8390.c
From: zhuzhenhua <zzh.hust@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:29:23 +0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On 2/26/06, Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:

> zzh> i use a rtl8019as ethernet card for my board, and now the driver
> zzh> can boot up with nfs root, it also can run helloworld via nfs,
> zzh> but if i run a big application,or something like vi, it will get
> zzh> messages like that "eth0: bogus packet: status=0x0 nxpg=0x65
> zzh> size=102" and i find it is in ei_receive of 8390.c caused by
> zzh> uncorrect status of receive in the 8390_hdr, does someone meet
> zzh> this situation?  what may cause this? hardware or uncorrect
> zzh> driver?
>
> Though I do now know what is wrong, here is some general considerations:
>
> RTL8019AS has 8bit mode and 16bit mode.  Does your driver select right
> mode (ei_status.word16) ?

i have set ei_status.word16 = 0

> And if your RTL8019AS is running in 8bit mode, PSTOP (Page Stop)
> register should not exceed to 0x60 (please refer detasheet available
> from www.realtek.com.tw).  Check your driver's PSTOP value.

now, i change the PSTOP to 0x60, it still get the messages

> Also, it would be worth checking your ISA-like bus is correctly
> configured.  Bus-width, clock, wait-cycles, setup/hold time, etc.

our board is a FPGA board for embedded system, there is no ISA, and
use memory map IO, is there anything need to configure?

> ---
> Atsushi Nemoto

now i printk the ISR and RSR value when bogus packet accepted, are
these two registers  correct? messages as follow

NE_EN0_RSR = 81
NE_EN0_ISR = 1
eth0: bogus packet: status=0xef nxpg=0x5e size=1518
NE_EN0_RSR = 1
NE_EN0_ISR = 1
eth0: bogus packet: status=0xae nxpg=0x50 size=1518
NE_EN0_RSR = 1
NE_EN0_ISR = 1
eth0: bogus packet: status=0xb7 nxpg=0x5c size=1518
NE_EN0_RSR = 1
NE_EN0_ISR = 1
eth0: bogus packet: status=0xae nxpg=0x4e size=1518
NE_EN0_RSR = 1
NE_EN0_ISR = 1
eth0: bogus packet: status=0xcb nxpg=0x5a size=1518
NE_EN0_RSR = 1
NE_EN0_ISR = 1

Best regards

zhuzhenhua