RE: [RFC] SMP initialization order fixes.

To: Mark E Mason <mark.e.mason@broadcom.com>
Subject: RE: [RFC] SMP initialization order fixes.
From: Stuart Anderson <anderson@netsweng.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:02:50 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Mark E Mason wrote:

Hello Stuart,

Um - define "hung"...

Networking stops happening. At this point, processes are still active.
Because I am using NFS root, any process that touches the filesystem
will then hang. It doesn't take too long for enough processes to touch
the FS for the system to be useless. As a test, I put a tmpfs on /tmp,
and ran sash from there. That shell would remain responsive after the
rest of the system was hung waiting on NFS.

                                 Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                  BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149