Re: Diff between Linus' and linux-mips git: tulip

To: Peter Horton <pdh@colonel-panic.org>
Subject: Re: Diff between Linus' and linux-mips git: tulip
From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 01:13:26 +0000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
* Peter Horton <pdh@colonel-panic.org> [2006-02-20 23:03]:
> > -                       /* No media table either */
> > -                       tp->flags &= ~HAS_MEDIA_TABLE;
> > +                  /* Ensure our media table fixup get's applied */
> > +                  memcpy(ee_data + 16, ee_data, 8);
> >  #endif
> >  #ifdef CONFIG_MIPS_COBALT
> Didn't the memcpy() used to be inside the CONFIG_MIPS_COBALT section ?
> Looking at tulip/eeprom.c I can't work out why it was ever there though

Yeah, and it's still there in the Cobalt section.  But now (in the
mips tree) it's _also_ there for CONFIG_DDB5477.  So I have several
questions:
 - can we just get rid of the code between CONFIG_MIPS_COBALT?
 - should the CONFIG_DDB5477 change be reverted (probably), and do we
   need these special cases for CONFIG_DDB* anyway or can they be
   solved in a better way (e.g. by putting something in eeprom.c).

It seems mips is the only arch that mucks around with "#ifdef CONFIG_"
in this file...
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/