Re: IP22 doesn't shutdown properly

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: IP22 doesn't shutdown properly
From: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:30:21 -0500
Cc: jblache@debian.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Russell King <rmk@arm.linux.org.uk> [2006-02-23 22:43]:
Looking at the ip22 driver, it seems that if shutdown() is called for
the console port, the driver does _nothing_.

sunzilog.c does the same, and it's based on a comment by you (quoted
right before shutdown()).  Anyway, I don't quite understand the
comment but maybe Ralf (or you) can write a patch.

iirc, ip22zilog was based heavily off of sunzilog in the early days of the 2.6.x port. So I wouldn't be surprised if both contain similar sets of bugs. Probably be interesting to see if the Sparc people found any more and fixed that might still exist in ip22zilog.

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond