Re: [RFC] SMP initialization order fixes.

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] SMP initialization order fixes.
From: Stuart Anderson <anderson@netsweng.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 19:56:40 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Ralf Baechle wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the specific fix or not, but I can report that git
as of today (approx 2pm est) is working better than is has since 2.6.14 for
me on a bcm1480. I had tried git a couple of weeks ago, and it still hung
when I stressed it.

Seems unrelated then.  This fix should make the difference between working
perfectly or not at all.  There have been numerous other fixes since 2.6.14
so hard to say what made the difference.

You're right, it is unrelated. Shortly after this message wnet out & came
back, it hung up again like it had been doing 8-(. I should have just kept my
mouth shut and then it would still be working.

It really did run much longer that one time, but I haven't been able to
reproduce a run that lasted that long again. Sigh....

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149