Re: SERIAL_TXX9 && BROKEN

To: geoffrey.levand@am.sony.com
Subject: Re: SERIAL_TXX9 && BROKEN
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:57:33 +0900 (JST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
geoffrey> I see this in the 2.6.15 drivers/serial/Kconfig:

geoffrey> config SERIAL_TXX9
geoffrey>       bool "TMPTX39XX/49XX SIO support"
geoffrey>       depends HAS_TXX9_SERIAL && BROKEN

geoffrey> What's needed to get this to work?

The BROKEN tags was added by temporary breakage.  It was resolved
soon at that time but I forgot to remove the tag.  So do not care.
Just remove it.

Also, the updated patch including some other minor fixes are already
in -mm tree.  It was once in 2.6.16-rc1-mm5, but it seems lost by
accident.  Now it is in -mm tree again so the next -mm release will
contain it.  You can get it from:

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.16-rc1/2.6.16-rc1-mm5/broken-out/serial-serial_txx9-driver-update.patch

---
Atsushi Nemoto