Re: Tracking down exception in sched.c

To: "Rojhalat Ibrahim" <>
Subject: Re: Tracking down exception in sched.c
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:52:52 +0100
Cc: "Mark E Mason" <>, <>
> The behavior of the two loops is not the same because sched_init
> is called long before smp_prepare_cpus. Therefore for_each_cpu
> only loops once for CPU 0. I know this is not a great fix.
> I simply reverted the code to what's worked before.

It's certainly the code that I'm still using!  ;o)  So prom_build_cpu_map
needs to be called earlier (as in maybe from smp_prepare_boot_cpu?).
Either that, or each secondary needs to take responsibility for initializing
its own run queue, but I find the thought of having the system up and
running SMP with some run queues not yet initialized makes me nervous.

        Kevin K.