Re: Tftp problems with ARC firmware

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Tftp problems with ARC firmware
From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@gentoo.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:55:12 -0500
Cc: syslinux@zytor.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Ralf Baechle wrote:
I'd like to point those who you need to use these crude workarounds:

  echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc
  echo 4096 32767 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range

at a new version of tftp-hpa which solves the PMTU problem by disabling it
only for the tftp client and introduces a new -R begin:end option which
allows to limit the port number range.  The changes are about to become
available in the tftp-hpa git repository at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/tftp/tftp-hpa.git; see also
http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/ARC#tftp-hpa.  Please send test reports to
syslinux@zytor.com and linux-mips@linux-mips.org.

  Ralf

I just (finally) got around to testing this (version 0.42), and I still need to set ip_no_pmtu_disc to 1 to netboot. Is this working for anybody?

-Steve