usb-serial generic AMD DBAu1200

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: usb-serial generic AMD DBAu1200
From: The Mole <TheMole@mail.be>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:57:03 +0100 (CET)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I'm currently experimenting with an AMD DBAu1200 devboard and the kernel AMD
provided with it (a 2.6.11 derivative...). I only intend to use the usb ports
actually... don't care much about the rest...

The problem I'm having is the following:
I succesfully compiled usb-serial as a module (with generic support) and the
module loads fine (with the vendor en product parameters). If I however plugin
the USB device with said vendor en product id's, the driver does not 'attach'
itself to the device. The system recognises a new usb device, the driver is
loaded fine... the interaction between both doesn't seem to be happening at all
though...

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas are welcome...

Thanks,

Danny
Mail.be, WebMail and Virtual Office
http://www.mail.be