usb-serial generic AMD DBAu1200

Subject: usb-serial generic AMD DBAu1200
From: The Mole <>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:57:03 +0100 (CET)

I'm currently experimenting with an AMD DBAu1200 devboard and the kernel AMD
provided with it (a 2.6.11 derivative...). I only intend to use the usb ports
actually... don't care much about the rest...

The problem I'm having is the following:
I succesfully compiled usb-serial as a module (with generic support) and the
module loads fine (with the vendor en product parameters). If I however plugin
the USB device with said vendor en product id's, the driver does not 'attach'
itself to the device. The system recognises a new usb device, the driver is
loaded fine... the interaction between both doesn't seem to be happening at all

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas are welcome...