Re: native gcc for mipsel / uClibc (building or binaries)?

To: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@wpkg.org>
Subject: Re: native gcc for mipsel / uClibc (building or binaries)?
From: "Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh" <ilya@total-knowledge.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:27:18 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Canadian cross is when you build toolchain on system X to run on system
Y, and generate code for system Z.
Are you sure it is what you want? I somehow suspect that you want to
generate toolchain to build things
natively on your mipsel box to run on said box. If that is true,
buildroot (http://buildroot.uclibc.org) will do everything
for you. Also, I think crosstool does it by default as well (not 100%
sure though). Look under your destination dir
for <target>/bin/gcc.

--
Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
Total Knowledge. CTO