IP22 (Indy) Breakage

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: IP22 (Indy) Breakage
From: Stuart Longland <redhatter@gentoo.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:07:58 +1000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi all,
        I've just done a checkout of git HEAD (as of 23rd January), and struck
this little gem whilst trying to boot a kernel on my Indy.

        http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter/misc/ip22-r4k6-2615.png

        I figured WD33C93 SCSI was the culprit, so I modularised that (with the
intention of modprobing it later), and set up a kernel with IP Level
AutoConfiguration (via DHCP) and Root-over-NFS support, to try and
isolate the SCSI problem.  That yeilded the following crash.

        http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter/misc/ip22-r4k6-2615-nfs.png

        I've heard this affects both R4600 and R5000 Indys.  It would seem
there's some breakage of the sgiseeq and wd33c93 drivers due to changes
in the surrounding API, but this is an uneducated guess. :-)  Would
someone have some pointers as to where I should look for problems?

Regards,
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter)              .'''.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer  '.'` :