linker script for non-4k page size

To: Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: linker script for non-4k page size
From: Fuxin Zhang <fxzhang@ict.ac.cn>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:37:56 +0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
hi,
  I come across a problem when trying to use 16k page size for 2.6.14
linux/mips kernel: arch/mips/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S align some sections
with hardcoded ". = ALIGN(4096)".
  This will lead to problem if non-4k page size is used. For example,
if the .init section is put at a page 4k-aligned but not 16k-aligned,
free_initmem will free more spaces than it should do, and strange
problems will occur.
  Should we change to alignment according to CONFIG_PAGE_SIZE_XX? or
just set it to largest possible value(this may cause size increasement?)