Re: PCMCIA on AU1200

To: Ulrich Eckhardt <eckhardt@satorlaser.com>
Subject: Re: PCMCIA on AU1200
From: Matej Kupljen <matej.kupljen@ultra.si>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:41:53 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi

> I'm not exactly sure what your problems are, but maybe this helps you achieve
> what you want.
>
> Firstly, 0xf 0000 0000 is the 36 bit physical address. This address is mapped
> by the driver via ioremap() into a 32 bit virtual address.

Yes, in the drivers/pcmcia/au1000_generic.c.
Also, the skt->phys_attr and the skt->phys_mem are set to
0xF4000000 and 0xF8000000 respectively and I wonder, where they got
those values?

> Now, I think there
> are three macros for the PCMCIA memory regions (at least there were for the
> Au1100), which you can ioremap() separately.
>
> Now, what gave me most trouble where two other things that needed to be done
> for my board (they might be different for you):
> 1. configure the static bus controller
> This mainly means selecting the right timing parameters and switching the
> right bits on and off. You definitely need to read the programmer's handbook
> from AMD/Alchemy.

I am reading the specs for the CPU.
That is my problem, I do not to what value should I set CE[3], namely
mem_stadd3 register. which select the physical address that asserts
the CE[3]. I think this should be set up by bootloader. I am using
U-Boot, but I have checked also the Yamon and it does not work, also.

> 2. turn on power
> In my case, power on and card detect were wired to some GPIO pins, so I had
> switch them to the right level. This might require additional configuration
> in advance, too, but you can check the results using a simple voltmeter.

The power is detected and the power is turned ON (I can set the LED on
the PCMCIA card blinking).

> However: The DB boards are generally supported by Linux, so I wonder why you
> need to do anything at all.

Yes. I am using kernel 2.6.15 and when I insert card into the slot,
Linux detects it and turns on the power.
I do not have the board here right now, so I'll post the messages from
the cardmngr tomorrow.

Thanks for the answers.

BR,
Matej