Re: help ... Galileo PCI bridge

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: help ... Galileo PCI bridge
From: Peter Horton <>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:52:05 +0000
Cc: Peter Horton <>,
Ralf Baechle wrote:
On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 09:44:09AM +0000, Peter Horton wrote:

I'm currently struggling with a hard hang on the Cobalt hardware which
uses the Galileo GT64111 PCI bridge.

I've got the rev 11 data sheet for the bridge, I was wondering if anyone
knows whether there is an errata sheet for this chip, and if so whether
anyone has a copy ?

I recall PCI device 31 on bus 0 was magic on all Galileo.  Touching it
results in a system hang.  Could that be what is hitting you?

Don't think so. Sometines, after a lot of bus master activity from the Tulip NIC we get a Galileo interrupt (probably timer tick) and the first time we touch a Galileo register in the interrupt handler the system hangs hard :-(. It looks like some nasty interaction between the NIC and the bridge.