Re: [RFC] Optimize swab operations on mips_r2 cpu

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <>
Subject: Re: [RFC] Optimize swab operations on mips_r2 cpu
From: Franck <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:02:35 +0100

2006/1/25, Kevin D. Kissell <>:
> Not really.  As we discussed at the time, the 4KSc is a superset of
> MIPS32 which includes some, but not all MIPS32R2 features (plus other
> stuff), and the 4KSd is a strict superset of MIPS32R2.  So some additional
> information is required to express the desired support.  I was just pointing
> out, in the case of the SWAB optimizations, that there was no need to invent
> yet another way of describing MIPS32R2.

I'm trying to use CPU_MIPS32_R2 instead of CPU_4KD in order to get rid
of the last macro. So now to compile the kernel I'm using somthing

        mipsel-linux-gcc -march=mips32r2 -Wa,-32 -Wa,-mips32r2 -msmartmips

instead of

        mipsel-linux-gcc -march=4ksd -Wa,-32 -Wa,-mips32r2 -msmartmips

Now the size of the kernel code is 33Ko bigger ! I have no idea
why...I tried to add -mips16e option but it fails to compile...Do you
have an idea ?