Re: DECstation R3000 boot error

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: DECstation R3000 boot error
From: Kaj-Michael Lang <milang@tal.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:42:59 +0200 (EET)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Kaj-Michael Lang wrote:

The /133 (as all 3MINs) may have an older revision of the I/O ASIC that
may not have the free-running counter indeed.  It's handled correctly
regardless, except from missing timestamp precision, obviously.

Sorry, my bad. This problem is under 2.4, not 2.6. 2.6 has other problems.
And yes, the 3MIN does not have a free-running counter in the ASIC.
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-pmax/1995/01/28/0006.html)

What kind of a patch do you need anyway and why isn't it yet in my mail?

Do still you take patches for 2.4 ? I'll try to find it.

--
Kaj-Michael Lang