Re: DECstation R3000 boot error

To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Subject: Re: DECstation R3000 boot error
From: Kaj-Michael Lang <milang@tal.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:50:04 +0200 (EET)
Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

We're getting the following boot error on a DECstation with R3K CPU.
It simply hangs after the "high precision timer" message.  Maciej, do

It's trying to use a timer source that does not exist on the DECstation you're trying to use, most likely. What model is it you have ? I've tracked it down when I got my first (working) DECstation (5000/133) a
month or so ago. Forgot all about it under the holidays. I think
I have a patch somewhere to fix it, I'll do some digging.

--
Kaj-Michael Lang