Re: Build errors

To: Kurt Schwemmer <>
Subject: Re: Build errors
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:10:21 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Nigel Stephens <>, Ralf Baechle <>,,
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Kurt Schwemmer wrote:

> Great! It builds now, albeit with warnings:
> arch/mips/lib/uncached.c: In function `run_uncached':
> arch/mips/lib/uncached.c:47: warning: comparison is always true due to
> limited range of data type
> Is that normal?

 That's a bogus warning resulting from unability (despite all the casts)
to tell GCC that expression is really meant and known to be always true.
I think it's actually been discussed at the GCC list already; if the
warning doesn't disappear with 4.1 or so, then it's worth filing a bug
report at

 Otherwise it's safe to be ignored -- the code produced is correct.